The Lodge Itself
Club owned, Trissana is a comfortable 12 bed ski lodge. The lodge is well appointed and well maintained. Upstairs, it has 5 twin rooms, 2 single bedrooms, 2 toilets, 2 shower rooms, a well appointed kitchen and a dining area. The large living area includes a sunken lounge and conversation area with open wood fire.
The whole of the upstairs area is centrally heated and double glazed for comfort. Downstairs there is a third bathroom/toilet, a laundry, a large drying room, as well as storage and workroom areas for skis.
There are 2 decks on the upper level. The main deck is about 36 m2 with inbuilt seating. Elevated, and with views into the river and the main range, when surrounded with snow, this deck is the perfect place for lunch on a sunny day. A BBQ is also available.
As soon as there is enough snow, it is easy to travel to Centre Valley (via Interceptor quad chair & Pretty valley double chair or Telemark T-bar) on skis. Beginners usually take about a week to learn to ski well enough to make this trip. Otherwise, oversnow transport (Skier's Special) is available from Hans Oversnow at reasonable cost.
Access to the lodge from Sydney is by road to Bullocks Flat on the Thredbo road. There is free parking at the Skitube station for overnight stays or longer periods. The Skitube is taken to Perisher, then by Hans Oversnow snowcat transport to the lodge door.
Please check that the essential services are in operation. Water is turned on at the meter outside the lodge (2 valves) and at the main valve under the chequer plate near the front door (this valve should always be in the open position). Also check that the water pump time clock is set correctly to the time-of-day and that the timing pins are set correctly (6:00 - 11:00 and 16:00 - 22:30). Once set, the timing pins must NOT be removed. The clock is located near the switchboard in the work room and must be switched to the 'ON' position and run in 'AUTO' mode. (see time clock set-up page). Make yourself known to the Lodge Captain or if in a group, nominate a member to carry out the duties and take responsibility for Lodge Captain during the period of your stay. The Lodge Captain must follow the duties laid out in the Lodge Captain's Report and enter details of guests staying at the Lodge in the report. The Lodge Captain should immediately check the cleanliness of the lodge and make comments in the Report. The Fire Safety information and Code of Conduct should be fully understood.
- Accommodation - Bookings for Trissana is usually done by the week (Sat to Sat), which means weekend bookings are therefore dependent on space availability. Weekend bookings are much better suited to the shoulder periods. Bookings for children are not normally accepted in the Main Season.
- Catering - Members and guests do their own cooking (often in groups) and supply their own food and drink. The food is stored in drawers and cupboards under the kitchen bench. Shelves can be allotted in either of the kitchen fridges and there is also a large freezer downstairs in the workroom. The kitchen facilities include frypans, saucepans, two separate oven/stoves, 2 separate cooktops, microwave oven, dishwasher and all necessary cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. Food can be brought in on the snowcat, or the local supermarket will deliver meat, groceries etc.
- Bedrooms - Blankets, mattress and pillows with protectors are supplied. Members and guests provide their own linen (sheets, pillow cases, towels etc.)
- Laundry - A washing machine is supplied together with powder & liquid detergents.
- Music - A stereo system is available for playing CD's and cassettes.
- Other - The lodge supplies toilet paper, kitchen detergents and cleaners, a number of condiments, first aid kit and electric blow heaters (for emergency use only).
- Telephone - There is a telephone available in the lodge (STD calls by reverse charge). Mobile phones also work well from the lodge and in the valley.
Lodge Rules & Duties
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of Trissana.
- No ski boots or dirty shoes are to be worn upstairs inside the lodge; they should be removed in the downstairs area.
- Bedrooms must be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure.
- Cleaning procedures must be carried out as detailed in the Lodge Captain's Report. The Lodge Captain should allocate cleaning duties and sign the Report.